Crescat Digital is a rapidly expanding Digital Marketing agency revolutionising the client/agency relationship.
Based in the heart of West Sussex, achieving excellent results in SEO is a core of our business, but not everything we do. We also specialise in PPC, Web Development, Creative Content, Video, and Social Media Marketing.
We are looking for an exceptional SEO Manager, one who is passionate about search engine marketing, well-versed in the latest algorithm developments and has a successful background with technical, on-page and off-page SEO. We need someone who is able to effectively oversee a team that delivers exciting innovations and best practice solutions to our clients.
We are looking for a Search Marketing Manager (SEO) with the quality and experience to oversee all client campaigns, delivering our first class SEO offering. This would be for our portfolio of clients, across a range of industries.
Set strategic direction for a fast-growing SEO team
- Overseeing Technical SEO, Content and Digital PR and setting the strategic direction for the department, to ensure that we are continuously improving how we are able meet the demands of clients in a constantly changing environment.
- Defining the products and services that we offer.
Management of the SEO team
- Overseeing the allocation of resources against the work that has been booked. The majority of which is retainer based, but there are also separate projects, including audits (Strategy, Technical, Content and Digital PR), website migrations and bespoke project work.
- Developing the processes and systems to ensure the smooth delivery of products and services.
- Identifying opportunities for applying automated technologies and methods to improve work efficiencies and the service Crescat Digital are able to offer.
- Ensuring that the quality of our work remains high.
- Ensuring that the result of our work is meeting any expectations the clients might have – and taking appropriate action if not.
- Being available to support the SEO team when needed.
- Recruiting new talent into the SEO team.
- Overseeing the training and development of the SEO team.
- Motivating, mentoring and inspiring SEO team.
- Oversight of the communication between SEO team members and the clients.
- Stepping in and liaising with the client directly or through an Account Manager (usually at a senior level), whenever required.
Leading by example
- Demonstrate considerable SEO knowledge across Technical SEO, Content Strategies and Digital PR.
- Demonstrating great work, particularly around strategic client work.
- Contribute to an office culture that is focussed on: Enthusiasm, learning, working in close partnership with clients and delivering brilliant work.
- Being active in company meetings.
- Evidence of successful management experience.
- Offering views, insights and experience.
Being active in the Management Team as we review ongoing company developments, including (but not limited to):
- Marketing and our own tone of voice.
- Crescat Digital marketing strategies.
- Operational improvements.
- Reporting back on SEO activities.
- Many more!
Demonstrating thought leadership to the outside world, both to clients and also other agencies. This would be to match the personal style of the person but could include:
- Writing thought leadership articles (and other content) on the development of effective content strategies and SEO.
- Regular comments and opinions on forums, industry websites and social media
- Speaking at conferences and talks.
- Entering industry awards
Supporting the New Business process
- Support writing new business proposals – SEO content of proposals being the best solution for any particular client.
- Contributing to the strategic and implementational planning of Crescat Digital’s marketing and sales activities.
- Continuous learning. Every employee has 1 day per month personal training time (including external training and conference events).
- Further development through leading on experiments in client time and RND activities.
- Exposure as a thought leader in SEO through upcoming videocast series
We are specifically looking for candidates with proven skills and experience agency-side SEO, who can demonstrate:
Superb knowledge of SEO, across:
- Digital PR
- Good organisation, able to manage self and a growing team
- Experience in training SEO staff, and developing young talent
- Able to manage other professionals working on SEO projects
- A scientific testing approach with good data analysis skills
- Agency Experience – leading an SEO team
- Good Content writing and creation skills
- Highly competent in:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Search Console
- Screaming Frog
- Have working knowledge of PPC search
- Able to take a role in developing our SEO services and client base
- Able to demonstrate good client communication and management skills
- Good understanding of site architecture
- Experience promoting content and websites through social media
- Clear on the technologies behind websites, best practice UX and the components which contribute towards effective landing pages
- Numerate and Equipped with a good eye for detail
Benefits working for Crescat Digital:
- Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE
- Private Healthcare.
- Pension Scheme.
- Day trips/lunches/activities.
- 25 days holiday.
- Company Laptop.
We really look after our staff and we work hard to make it the best environment to work in. Our goal is to set the benchmark in the UK for the quality of work life.
Why do we care so much? Because happy workers are good workers. The average working week is a large percentage of your life – you should wake up every morning excited to start the day. That is our aim and that is what we have created here at Crescat Digital.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.